As a developer, I think many other developers may think how to teach users to use my application
We provide screenshots of the apps when we upload to any app markets, some devs will also record a video to tell users who to operate.
The most common way is to put a "Guide Page" inside the app, not just "Tips", but a continuous information to let user understand the major features.
There are three kinds of implementations here.
1. Use a scrollview with a super large image
You can simply scroll from left to right, put a button at the last page to close this Guide Page.
The image may be too large, and hard to change / modify parts.
2. Use a scrollview with several images
You can simply scroll from left to right, put a button at the last page to close this Guide Page, can change parts easier than first method.
Still hard to change / modify parts.
3. Use a scrollview with custom containers
Custom containers are much more flexible
I don't know, haha!
Here are the sample from Github
For Cascades 10.1 /10.2 SDK
For Cascades 10.3 SDK
In AppGuidePageDesignUnit project, I rewrite the project with design unit to support even Q30 (Passport), not just pixel related.
If you also want to learn use design unit, you can also check this project :D
If you have any problem, just send me a mail!
Hope you will enjoy the sample!
I used the old BlackBerry Vendor Portal for almost 2.5 years ago...
Few weeks ago, i joined the beta test of the New BlackBerry Vendor Portal, it is really awesome!!
Let's check what's new in the portal!
1. Welcome Page
2. Login Page
3. Show your products! Really Nice, now you can simply check your downloads per day :DDD
4. Search function here is also very cool! Easy for developers to find what they want
5. Please the release button to update your apps!
6. Click on "New Release" and all you need is to drag the bar file to the area
7. Select support devices and min OS. Easier here, in the old vendor portal, the selection will be changed in some wired condition .. haha
8. After you upload the bar, it will automatically to fetch the version (For Android apps may have some problems on it , such as 220.127.116.11 if your app is 5.0 on versionCode..), input the description about the new update!
9. Submit For Review! The update procedure is faster than before
10. You can check the status of your release version (Under Review / Draft)
*11. Also, check the download reports are much more easier and with better visualization
12. Check all your change requests (like request tickets before??)
13. Check your testers ... Oops , I don't even remember I have so many testers :P
14. The new Vendor Portal allows developers to create promotions here also!
Just a brief introduction of the new BlackBerry Vendor Portal.
I believe this is a very good news for developers and can help us for our future developing!